JC Simo & YPSI Training Camp in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
17. Februar 2020 @ 10:00 - 21. Februar 2020 @ 16:00
This Post is written in english, since this YPSI Seminar will be held in english. Dieser Post ist in Englisch, da dieses YPSI Seminar in Englisch gehalten wird.
* A week in the Caribbean paired with World-Leading Training & Nutrition Education, the best Churrasco Steaks, juiciest Mangos and stunning Beaches
* Multiple lectures on Advanced Training Methods and Nutritional Strategies based on Real World Experience and Success with two of the currently most successful Personal Trainers and Strength Coaches in the World.
*Next to the lectures there will be 10 workouts in 5 days. Each with a different training system for different body parts and different goals, from fatloss and functional hypertrophy to maximal strength and muscular balance.
Content of the Seminar
1. Applied Biomechanics in Personaltraining (JC Simo)
– The differences between systemic adaptation and specific adaptation
– Modifications of certain exercises in positions of the contact points, stance, grip, body position and implements to activate more muscle fibers
– Choosing different exercise variations to activate different neuromuscular channels
– Differences between exercises that transfer to joint mobility and exercises that transfer to power
– Advanced combinations of exercises to activate and develop muscles with basic and specialized exercises
2. The Art of Coaching (JC Simo & Wolfgang Unsoeld)
– How to communicate during a consultation and workout
– The 3 types of Coaching and their application in the Real World
– Coaching nutrition for optimal and maximal results in the gym
– The effect of Neurochemistry on Coaching
3. The Development of Functional Hypertrophy (Wolfgang Unsoeld)
– The value of Functional Hypertrophy in Personaltraining and Sports
– The Periodization and Microperiodization of the development of Functional Hypertrophy
– How to pair low-volume and high-volume training for Functional Hypertrophy to make constant progress
– How to assess the current need of volume and intensity for a client
– Over 20 training programs for the different stages of the development of Functional Hypertrophy
There will be two workouts every day at the state-of-the-art Human Performance Center gym. Each of the workouts will be a different training system whose application, goals and effect will be explained in detail before every training session. All workouts will be different from the ones we have done previously and the Camp in the DR and the seminar in Stuttgart.
Juan Carlos Simo & Wolfgang Unsoeld
Monday till Friday
17th till 21st of February 2020
Every day 10am till 6pm (until 4pm on the last day)
Human Performance Center, Ave. Abraham Lincoln 958, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
How to get there
Santo Domingo International Airport (SDQ) – 30min cab ride to the Holiday Inn
Where to stay
Holiday Inn – 5 minute walk to the Human Performance Center
Where to eat
All recommended restaurants are within 5 to 15 min walk from the Human Performance Center
Carne & Co – Best Breakfast in town. Great Carpaccio. Fresh Bone Marrow. The best Omeletts. And Steaks.
Holiday Inn – Buffet in the hotel with a great Omelett Station and fresh, local Fruit.
Carne & Co – The best Carpaccio and Steaks. Try the Parmesan Risotto as a side.
Parrilada Don Nestor – Classic Dominican Open Air BBQ Place. Heaps of Meat. Try the Lomo Don Nestor and Yucca on the side.
Pica Pollo – Classic Chicken and Rice. And plenty of it.
Early Bird Price – 1499 USD or 1329 Euro plus sales tax (valid until December 31st 2019)
Regular Price – 1999 USD or 1779 Euro plus sales tax (valid from January 1st 2020)
Incl. detailed handout/notes
We offer a group discount of 15% for 5+ students signing up as group (one invoice, one payment).
We recommend that you extend your stay in the Dominican after the seminar a visit either the beaches of Las Terrenas on the north shore and Punta Cana on the east. We can recommend eateries and hotels for both locations at different budgets.
There will also a Seminar with a Special Guest on the weekend after (or before) the Camp which will be announced in fall.
Picture: Snapshot from a posterior chain workout during the JC Simo & YPSI Training Camp in February 2019.