- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
YPSI Functional Nutrition Seminar with Dr. Tom O’Bryan
15. September 2018 @ 10:00 - 16. September 2018 @ 16:00
This Post is written in english, since this YPSI Seminar will be held in english.
Another Seminar in the „YPSI Functional Nutrition“ Series. For the first time Dr. Tom O’Bryan will come to Germany to speak. He is an internationally recognized speaker and author on chronic disease and metabolic disorders. He is considered the world expert on the impact of gluten sensitivity on autoimmunity. Dr. O’Bryan has more than 30 years of experience as a functional medicine practitioner and is a member of the teaching faculty at the Institute of Functional Medicine.
The main topics of the YPSI Functional Nutrition Seminar with Dr. Tom O’Bryan will be Autoimmunity & Gluten Sensitivity and their effect on gym performance and fat loss.
Content of the seminar
Day 1 – Gluten Sensitivity
Gluten is a hot topic of our time. Gluten is a family of proteins found in many grains. The family of gluten proteins includes wheat, rye, barley, rice, corn, quinoa, oats and more. Some of the members of the gluten proteins are primarily toxic as they can not be digested completely by humans. These grains high in gluten are dominant in todays nutrition. In fact, about 50% of all the calories humans consume worldwide these days come from wheat, corn and rice. Grains are not necessarily bad, they have their benefits. Still this dominant consumption or overconsumption of grain, often of poor quality, has been proven to be primary reason for obesity worldwide. Next to the high carbohydrate content the main factors are that the type of gluten found in wheat, rye and barley will cause inflammation and intestinal permeability in many.
The gluten-free trend is now a multi-billion dollar industry gaining in popularity with the general public. Justifiable questions are arising as to its real health benefits. For those patients with celiac disease going glutenfree is undeniable and essential medical nutrition therapy.
This presentation will include a summary and overview of the current literature differentiating Celiac Disease, non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity and Wheat Allergy with emphasis on recognition, accurate testing (Immunoglobulin, antibody, and cytokine differentiations) and treatment protocols respectively.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will:
– Recognize and differentiate the varying presentations of Celiac Disease, non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity and Wheat Allergy
– Accurately test for and differentiate Celiac Disease, non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity and Wheat Allergy
– Recognize biomarkers of improvement for monitoring effective treatment protocols beyond symptom relief
– Be familiar with the difference and formulate better treatment strategies for Celiac Disease, non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity and Wheat Allergy
– Receive access to 200+ peer reviewed studies on various topics surrounding Gluten Sensitivity and its symptoms
– Gain a broad spectrum of information to educate clients how to sustainably implement a successful strategy managing Gluten Sensitivity
– The effect of gluten on fatloss and musculoskeletal growth
Day 2 – Autoimmunity
Millions of people suffer from autoimmunity whether they know it or not. The root cause of weight gain, brain and mood problems, and fatigue, in many, autoimmunity can take years or even decades for symptoms and a clear diagnosis to arise. Through years of research, Dr. Tom O’Bryan has discovered that autoimmunity is actually a spectrum, and many people experiencing general malaise are already on it. And while autoimmune diseases, such as Alzheimers, Multiple Sclerosis, osteoporosis, diabetes, and lupus, have become the third leading cause of death behind heart disease and cancer, many people that not diagnosed are still affected and left in the dark.
The good news is that many autoimmune conditions can be reversed through a targeted protocol designed to heal the autoimmune system, 70 percent of which is located in the gut. Dr O’Bryan’s approach to optimize Autoimmunity focuses on the causes of autoimmunity such as genetics, dietary issues, and microbiome. This seminar will provide a practical and much-needed guide to navigating these increasingly common conditions to help you feel better and develop a plan that works for you.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will:
– Be able to identify 6 mechanisms by which environmental-related disorders may impact on the development of autoimmunity.
– Learn high-sensitivity/specificity testing protocols to identify those on the autoimmune spectrum (sometimes) years before the pathology is producing symptoms.
– Recognize the contribution of autoimmunity to chronic inflammation which diminishes recovery from training, loss of body fat and general wellbeing.
– Recognize the contribution of the microbiome on the development of autoimmune conditions.
– Learn the role of intestinal barrier integrity in the development of autoimmunity with examples from the literature as well as protocols to optimize gut health.
– Learn the applications of nutritional protocols to silence autoimmunity and optimize mental clarity and function.
Saturday – September 15th 2018 – 10am till 6pm
Sunday – September 16th 2018 – 10am till 4pm
Your Personal Strength Institute
How to get there
Stuttgart Airport (STR) – 21 min trainride
Stuttgart Mainstation – 6 min trainride
Where to stay
Hotel am Feuersee
Radisson Park Inn
599 Euro plus 19% sales tax
Incl. detailed handout/notes and Certificate
To register email to email@example.com